Distance from City Code Spa to:
– airport “Nikola Tesla” – 10 km
– train and bus station – 8 km
– Belgrade fair – 9 km
– Zemun quay – 1.5 km
in the past, Zemun was a part of the old Austrian-Hungarian Empire, and thus its spirit and architecture are quite different from Belgrade. It had once known European port where ships used to dock from Vienna and other cities of the Danube, the old tradition of hospitality on the river is still present.
The most interesting parts of Zemun are the Zemun quay and the Danube shore. The spirit of this part of Zemun are many, floating restaurants and clubs, so-called rafts, traditional restaurants with fish specialties and live music, there are also galleries and shops with works of art and souvenirs.
The historical part of Zemun has hilly and intersected streets where houses are located in Austria-Hungary style.
The fortress is the oldest building in Zemun, which is mentioned in IX and XI century. Today the remains are related to the XV century. In the middle of the fort there is a tower called the Millennium tower, which was built by the Hungarian authorities 1896th , and renovated in 1962. year. Also known as the Tower of Sibinjanin Janka.
House with the sun clock (Street Dubrovnik 2)
It was built in the early nineteenth century in classical style with Baroque elements. A well-known Serbian writer and public figure Jovan Subotic spent the last years of his life in this house.
House of the family Karamata (Mateje Gupca 17 street)
It was built in 1764 by the rich trader Kuzman Jovanovic but, in 1772 Dimirije Karamata bought the house whose descendants still live there. The house has a preserved interior with antique furniture from the XVIII and XIX centuries and family portraits painted by the famous painters Georgije Tenecki and Pavel Đurković.
It was built in 1793 in the transition between the Baroque style to classicism. A well-known diplomat and trader Petar Ičko had lived there.
Spirtina House (Main Street 9)
A rare copy of a residential building from 1855 to 1856. The project made by a Viennese architect in the style of Neo-Gothic, built for the family Spirta.The local museum of Zemun is located there today, which was founded in 1955.
Dimitri Davidovic House (Main Street 6)
It was built in the second half of the eighteenth century in the spirit of classicism, as a civil-storey house. Dimitrije Davidovic was born there, the founder of the Serbian newspaper, secretary of Prince Milos Obrenovic, statesman and diplomat.
Phone/Fax +381 11 316 29 25
Mobile Phone +381 60 316 29 25